Automated Website Testing Tool
Instant access to a Cloud Selenium Grid with 3000+ desktop browsers & real mobile devices. Try Automated Website Testing!
Trusted by more than 50,000 customers globally
Real devices and browsers
Harness our Selenium grid to start testing instantly on 3000+ real mobile devices and desktop browsers.
Parallel test runs
Run hundreds of tests concurrently to speed up the execution time of your test suite by more than 10x.
Integrate in minutes using popular languages and frameworks. Add BrowserStack to your build pipeline using our CI plugins.
Test on dev environments
Test websites hosted on development environments or behind firewalls with zero setup or configuration.
Debug with ease using video recordings, automated screenshots of errors, text logs, console logs and network logs.
Security & Privacy
Tests run securely on tamper-proof physical devices and desktop VMs, wiped clean of data after every session. Read more about security.
Automate helps agile teams test for quality at scale
Ship every release confidently with Automate in your pipeline.
Deliver the best user experience
Create amazing software for your fragmented web and mobile audience. With instant access to 3000+ desktop browsers and real mobile devices, easily grow the coverage of your selenium automation tests. Deliver a seamless user experience across every browser and device.
Speed up testing for faster releases
Test at scale without compromising speed or accuracy. Run Selenium tests on our high performance grid for quick, deterministic feedback. Accelerate build verification by over 10x with parallel execution of your tests, including UI testing, functional testing and regression testing.
Scale with a reliable Selenium grid
With Automate, you have the flexibility to scale as your testing grows, without having to worry about updating versions, adding devices, managing capacity, and most importantly, maintaining stability. We give you the reliability of a fast, 24/7 available Selenium testing infrastructure that supports all the testing in your CI pipeline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Automated Website Testing refers to the process of automating end-user scenarios on a website in order to test its behavior. These end-user scenarios are scripted by QAs using an automation framework like Selenium to mimic user interactions on a website’s UI.
For example, a test script can be written to test the Login page of a website. This script will verify if the Username and Password fields accept appropriate inputs and also check whether the Login was successful.
A website undergoes several modifications throughout the development cycle. After each unique release, the website needs to be tested across a number of hardware configurations and operating systems. Performing such comprehensive tests manually will be costly and time-consuming.
With automated website testing, it is possible to reuse test scripts for repetitive testing. Teams can also run parallel tests across different browsers, platforms, and devices. Automated testing helps to widen test coverage and deliver bug-free websites in a shorter timeline. As automation helps to generate results faster with more effective utilization of time and capital, more organizations are adopting automated testing.
Listed below are a few key advantages of automated testing of web applications:
- Provides more comprehensive and efficient test coverage as compared to manual testing
- Early discovery and fixing of bugs helps release faster
- Test scripts can be reused
- Provides fast, consistent and accurate test results
- One should opt for an automated website testing tool when an application is complex and requires frequent maintenance or releases of new features. This is because as the product size grows, the number of impacted areas increases with each new release. So there is a need to test newly integrated features. For QAs, manually testing the entire application repeatedly on multiple devices and platforms becomes a cumbersome task. Also, there’s a high probability of QAs missing out on errors.
Thus to speed-up tests after every release, and to ensure maximum test coverage with accurate results, adopting an automation testing tool becomes imperative for teams.
One should consider the following parameters before choosing the ideal automation tool:
- Platforms, languages, and technologies supported by the tool
- Selecting a tool that is compatible with the skillsets of team members
- Availability of crucial features like a dashboard for log records, accurate reporting, and managing test processes
BrowserStack provides integration with Selenium, the most popular framework used for automated website testing across multiple browsers. Developers or QAs can instantly automate tests on desired desktop or mobile browsers. For teams seeking to run parallel tests, BrowserStack also offers a Cloud Selenium Grid where test cases are executed simultaneously on real desktop or mobile devices.
Testing on real devices helps teams to monitor their applications in real user conditions. Since everything is on the cloud, teams need not worry about maintaining on-premise device labs. BrowserStack’s real device cloud is also regularly updated with the latest browsers and devices (both Android and iOS).
BrowserStack offers a wide range of features meant to help enterprises ship quality product releases at high speed. Some of them include:
- Advanced administrative controls: Access control, Single sign-on, Auto-provisioning/de-provisioning
- Network controls for complete data governance: IP Whitelisting, Advanced Local Testing
- Actionable test insights for Agile transformation: Test insights, Usage analytics
- Infinitely scalable plans for growing test suites: Parallelization, Coverage, Availability
For more details on why BrowserStack is the first choice for enterprises, explore how we set the enterprise standard for testing on the cloud.