Frequently Asked Questions
Browsers & Platforms
- Do you provide real desktop browsers for testing browser compatibility?
- Which browsers and OSes do you provide for cross-browser testing on Live?
- Is web testing on Windows Server edition the same as Windows Desktop edition?
- How does BrowserStack decide which browsers to provide for cross-browser testing?
- If a new browser version is released, when is it added to BrowserStack?
- Do you support both, 32 and 64-bit operating systems?
- What RIA and web softwares are pre-installed on the remote browsers?
- What is scale-to-fit?
- Can I use shortcut keys in remote browsers?
- How do I copy and paste text?
- Can I test upload/download functionality?
- How come I can watch videos, but can’t hear audio?
- What BrowserStack features are not available on Firefox 57+?
- How does Geolocation testing work on Live and App Live?
- Does BrowserStack allow me to simulate traffic from different IP addresses?
- When accessing a local website with Safari browser, why are few of my website assets not loading?
- Why is my URL redirected to http://bs-local.com from http://localhost?
- Do you support audio in the latest Mojave OS?
- Is IP Geolocation included in my paid subscription?
- Can I use IP Geolocation with Local testing?
- My Live session is stuck on ‘Loading Flash’ when using Google Chrome. How do I fix this?
- Webpages appear to be cached on the remote servers. Is there a way to avoid caching?
- Why is my IP Blocked?
- What happens if I reach the parallel user limit for my Live/Screenshots + Responsive plan while testing?
- Can I start simultaneous BrowserStack Live sessions using one account?
- Can I change browser settings on the remote browser?
- What if I leave the BrowserStack Live testing session idle?
- A browser within a browser? That's awesome! Will I require any additional software to use BrowserStack?
- How can I get notified about an idle session?
Bug reporting & tracking
- Where is the history of my screenshots saved? How can I view the history that the organization has created?
- How can I assign them to users within my Organization?
- What is Jira host and how do I find it?
- When to use Jira password vs API token?
- Which versions of JIRA are supported for the Live JIRA integration?
- Can I Integrate Jira Self-Hosted Server with BrowserStack?
- Is there support for non-US (international) keyboards?
- Is there a way I can filter hits from BrowserStack to my website in Google Analytics?
- I need to be able to test Print Preview in all browsers. How can I do that in your remote browsers?
- How do I take screenshots of pages behind a login?
- What time and date are the BrowserStack monitoring scheduled?
- Why 'Resolving all URLs through my network' makes testing slower?