Pick a department
- Senior Software Engineer (Percy)
Our mission is to be the testing infrastructure of the internet. Sound interesting?
BrowserStack is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to test their websites and apps on different operating systems and mobile devices
To further our mission, we acquired Percy in mid-2020 and this role will join the Percy U.S. engineering team. Percy is an all-in-one visual testing solution. We are working on exciting new ways to design, develop and deliver software with confidence
We’re hiring for a Senior Software Engineer with a backend focus to join our growing team. On a day to day basis, you might:
- Work on our API, improving the codebase by adding features, fixing bugs and expanding test coverage. (Ruby on Rails)
- Learn or level up with new tools and languages
- Contribute to architectural and UI/UX decisions as part of a highly-collaborative team
- Discuss balancing new features with efficiency, performance and scalability. We are proud to have low technical debt due to this balance
- Meet with team members around the globe
- Communicate your progress and blockers
- Squash bugs together!
- Provide feedback and reflection through code reviews and retrospectives
You might also:
- Use Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Terraform to maintain and improve our application infrastructure.
- Use Datadog, Honeycomb, and Sentry to monitor and debug production issues.
- Maintain and improve our Go-based networking proxy
We want people who know that software engineering is not just about the code we write, but about the process by which we get there. You should value iteration and exploring the trade-offs of different solutions, and be able to explain the trade-offs to others. You should value both driving consensus as well as moving projects forward
Technical skills are “necessary but not sufficient” — we strongly value empathy and communication with others on the team and with our customers
Top reasons to choose this role:
- Work on a product people love. Percy is valued by Basecamp, Canva, Shopify, and more
- A focus on developer happiness. We’re focused on retaining our hires for the long-term. We try our best to foster a sense of loyalty and happiness among the team
- A truly empathetic team. Our developers feel included and listened to, no matter what background they are coming from
- High-growth company & products: BrowserStack is rapidly expanding globally and is used by millions of developers around the world
We strive to grow a collaborative team where everyone feels a strong sense of belonging
Our process is strongly pro-developer. Developers on our team have clear objectives for success, but also have lots of autonomy to achieve these objectives
When new features are being added to Percy, we take care to fix things as they come up so we don’t have to worry about them while still making forward progress. We consistently take care of technical debt, automating workflows, and reflecting on how to improve our own productivity
What our team says about working on Percy’s team (collected by a third party):
- “Everything people bring to the table is unique to them and is valued. I don’t know how to articulate what it is that makes me feel like I can be my authentic self.”
- “I feel important… every person is willing to listen to another’s perspective. I have regular one-on-ones to see how it’s going, both as a person and an underrepresented person. My voice can and has had an effect on the business and culture.”
- “I feel engaged. I learn new things every day. The projects I’ve given are well-suited to my interests.”
You might be our team’s missing puzzle piece if:
- You can communicate in a friendly and professional manner. People you talk to feel important and heard
- You have enough years of experience in Ruby/Python/Go to go most days without needing mentorship
- You can hit the ground running with Ruby on Rails, either because you have plenty of experience building with it before or because you’ve used a comparable web framework for many years
- You have experience managing a cluster of containers with Kubernetes or similar
- You have a proven ability to learn new skills on the job as they come up, and you love learning so you relish the opportunity
- You’re able to self-manage and communicate your progress to others
Non-necessary bonus points:
- You have an in-depth networking background
- You’ve configured and run continuous integration systems
- 100% covered health insurance premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Laptop provided, and if remote we’ll contribute up to $500 toward your home office setup
Competitive salary, bonus and equity program
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Solutions Engineer
Reporting to the Manager, Solutions Engineering, you will be part of a growing, high-performing team that partners with sales to deliver revenue growth. You love technology in all forms and live on the bleeding edge of agile software development and testing technologies. You enjoy solving hard problems and are a born collaborator. This is an extremely hands-on position in a typical start-up environment, so we are looking for motivated self-starters who aren’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves and contribute across the entire sales cycle.
- Be the architect and owner for the prospect’s end-to-end technical evaluation of BrowserStack; deliver on the revenue plan with the account team; develop strong relationships with engineering and QA teams at all levels within the customer organization, becoming their trusted advisor
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, RFP responses, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales support and ongoing client relationships
- Design and lead comprehensive discovery sessions in the sales cycle – mapping out the prospect’s unique workflows, technical architecture, and organizational goals – leading to a clear understanding of the BrowserStack’s value proposition in the customer’s evaluation; design and conduct comprehensive solution demonstrations
- Develop a deep understanding of the BrowserStack technology portfolio and the competitive landscape for automated application and browser testing solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams in ensuring ongoing customer success; Capture technical product feedback from customers and relay it to product with relevant market insights
- 3-5 years of Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience in the B2B SaaS space
- B.S. degree Computer Science / Technical discipline; Familiarity with agile software development and deployment methodologies and the modern Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), associated toolsets and best practices
- Disciplined self-starter, does whatever it takes in order to succeed
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment; excellent communication skills; humble yet strong leader with a bias for action; team player who can inspire others to greatness
- Enterprise Account Executive
What do Microsoft, The Gap, Royal Bank of Scotland, Lockheed Martin, and top Open Source projects like Angularjs have in common? They all use BrowserStack, as do over 25,000 other customers!
BrowserStack is the innovation leader in the fast-growing market for automated application testing. Since launching in 2011, our mission has been bold yet simple: To be the testing infrastructure for the internet. 6 years and billions of tests later, we are ready for our next phase of hyper-growth. Bootstrapped for the first 6 years, we continue to be profitable since inception with a near exponential growth in customers around the globe. Recently, we closed $50M in Series A funding from Accel. We are looking for smart, innovative, and driven people to join us on the journey to creating the next great B2B SaaS company.
Reporting to the Head of Field Sales, you will be part of a growing, high-performing team that delivers world-class results and learns from a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and sales experts. This will be a hands-on position in a typical start-up environment, so we are looking for a motivated self-starter who isn’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves and contribute across many different functions.
- Generate sales revenue through prospecting, nurturing and closing business in the Enterprise Segment; Build and manage your sales pipeline for strong coverage ratios; achieve quarterly revenue targets
- Manage the entire account lifecycle from account strategy, customer engagement, solution development, and contract negotiation; meet or exceed quarterly revenue quota
- Develop, maintain and grow executive relationships in your target account to expand revenue potential
- Work with all levels of GTM leadership to continuously improve key sales management processes like territory planning, lead/pipeline/opportunity management, and KPI reporting
- Maintain excellent data discipline in salesforce.com for your book of business
- 5 – 15+ years of quantifiable, install base and new logo acquisition sales in B2B software with a strong track record of success; experience with the full lifecycle of enterprise sales from qualification, discovery, solution definition to closing
- Strong willingness and ability to uncover opportunities by communicating a highly differentiated value proposition to open doors at new accounts or expand deals at existing accounts; excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong phone/video conference presence
- Persistent and optimistic problem solver with a vibrant, assertive and energetic attitude, strong work ethic and driven to succeed
- Passionate about Internet technologies, SaaS; extreme customer-centricity and empathy; strong desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed start-up environment
- Humble yet strong leader with a bias for action; a team player who can inspire others to greatness
Our benefits include a competitive salary, bonus, and equity program, 100% company-paid medical insurance, a flexible and generous vacation policy, daily catered lunch, free snacks, etc.