Pick a department
- Data Center Engineer
BrowserStack is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to test their websites and apps on different operating systems and mobile devices. Since launching in 2011, our mission has been bold yet simple: To be the testing infrastructure for the internet. 10 years and billions of tests later, we are ready for our next phase of hyper-growth.
In this technically challenging role, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of hardware like Firewalls, Switches, Mobile devices and Servers. Providing developers with a great user experience is pivotal to us and we work on creating streamlined and integrated products that span Linux and MacOS/BSD, Android and iOS.
- Contribute to the day to day operations of our Mobile data center in Atlanta
- Researching new technologies and adapt them to BrowserStack requirements
- Own and commit to all your work and be accountable for your results
- Contribute to the development and implementation of processes that support efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers, and storage hardware), timely equipment repair and upgrades, rapid troubleshooting of issues with hardware and Linux OS and tracking issues, reporting and managing key metrics
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and operation of mobile, and server hardware and supporting infrastructure at scale
- Work in close coordination with the Engineering and Product team based in Dublin, India, and the USA
- Troubleshoot network, routing, and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low-level application interaction
- A tech-savvy engineer based out of Atlanta who loves solving challenging problems and is passionate about driving customer success.
- Strong working knowledge of shell scripting
- Solid experience of Linux OS
- Self starter with ability to work independently
- Analyse and resolve production issues independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting processes across IT Operations Platforms
- Hands-on experience in the management of network infrastructure
- Understanding of the infrastructure technologies
- Experience with network, cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies and wifi technologies
- Experience of dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to mentor other employees
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on, start up environment
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting IT Infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- 100% covered health insurance premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Laptop provided, and if remote we’ll contribute up to $500 toward your home office setup
Competitive salary, bonus and equity program
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status