Test on Mac
Don’t bother with Mac Simulators. Instantly test your websites on the latest browsers on macOS online. Test on real macOS devices now!
Trusted by more than 25,000 customers globally
Just played around with BrowserStack: Quite cool, instant access to a browser in a VM with dev tools.
@BrowserStack, you guys rock! Just saved me hours of work by being able to nail down a Firefox 35 + OS X bug in 5 minutes!
React Router tests are green on Safari, @googlechrome, @firefox, IE 10-11, and Mobile Safari thanks 2 @browserstack!
Frequently Asked Questions
As of April 2021, macOS, now known as OS X is the fourth most used operating system worldwide. It is also the second most used desktop operating system in the world.
Naturally, any website that wants to cater to a wide cross-section of global users will have to be optimized for multiple operating systems. macOS’s market share makes it a major player in the operating system game. Websites cannot afford to not work flawlessly on macOS, because if they don’t, they will miss out on significant traffic and revenue coming from macOS users.
Thus, it is critical for QAs to test websites on macOS.
QAs and developers should test their site on macOS online from the early stages of development. As soon as the website has taken basic shape, and can be run on a browser-device-OS combination, it should be tested on real macOS. This helps to detect bugs from the early stages, and prevent major issues from popping up later in the development lifecycle.
For QA teams that do not have access to an up-to-date on-premise lab carrying real Macbooks with macOS installed, testing on macOS online (via a cloud-based platform) is an ideal solution.
The easiest way to perform website tests on Mac devices is to test on actual MacBooks (latest and older versions). Accomplishing this will require two things:
- An on-premise device lab stocked with the latest and older Mac devices. The lab would have to be continuously updated with new devices that are installed with newer versions of macOS.
- A cloud-based testing platform that lets QAs access real Mav devices (with macOS installed) via the internet anytime, from anywhere.
There are no such things as macOS simulators. Websites must be tested on actual macOS to be optimized for Apple desktop users.
It is not possible to test websites on macOS simulators or emulators since they do not exist. All websites must be tested on real macOS.
BrowserStack provides instant, cloud-based access to real macOS anytime. Developers and QAs simply have to sign up, choose the real macOS version they want to test on, and start testing.
Testers do not have to worry about buying or updating devices, browsers, or operating systems. They can also leverage numerous useful features that help with the QA process:
- Local Testing feature to test websites in development and staging environments.
- Screenshot testing to rapidly test designs and layouts by generating screenshots on 3000+ mobile and desktop browsers with a click. Perfect for testing responsive web design.
- Geolocation Testing to test how the website behaves in different locations using GPS and IP geolocation.
- Pre-installed developer tools for easier testing and debugging.
BrowserStack offers a wide range of macOS versions for testing purposes. The macOS versions available are macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, OS X High Sierra, OS X Sierra, OS X Yosemite, OS X Mavericks, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Lion, OS X Snow Leopard.
Study the full list of browsers and platforms on BrowserStack.