Over the past decade, we’ve seen a shift in how software is consumed and developed. Consumers have moved from using software on desktops, to the web, to mobile apps today. In many cases, mobile is the only option, as more and more businesses embrace a “mobile only” development model. And it makes sense – imagine your kid playing Pokémon Go on a desktop!
That’s why BrowserStack is proud to unveil App Automate, enabling customers to run automated tests for mobile applications on the BrowserStack Real Device Cloud. Users can concurrently run automated tests for both native and hybrid mobile apps on thousands of iOS and Android devices.
Indeed, automated testing continues to be mission critical for scaling mobile apps, fast. Today’s consumers run mobile apps on a countless number of devices, so developers must have access to every device imaginable in order to deliver the highest level of performance. This point is especially important when you consider that the cost of regaining a customer is four times higher than winning them in the first place. Getting software right the first time through a culture of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is critical to success.
App Automate was designed with these needs in mind, and offers the following features:
- Real Device Cloud. Run mobile apps on BrowserStack’s wide range of pristine physical mobile iOS and Android devices and tablets for the most accurate testing results.
- Over 1,000 iOS and Android devices. Access to test on mobile devices from every manufacturer including iPhone, Samsung, Nexus and more, with every screen size, screen resolution and operating system.
- Speed up test runs. Release builds faster by running tests concurrently across thousands of devices and reduce test execution time by more than 10x by using parallel tests.
- Integrate effortlessly. Integrate effortlessly with BrowserStack using the most popular app automation frameworks including Appium, Espresso (beta) and XCUITest (beta).
- Natural gestures. Interact with mobile apps on the remote device – just as a user would with their device in hand, allowing to test functions such as tap, scroll, zoom, swipe and more.
- Real-time debugging. Debug apps, view video and logs and leverage stack trace to find and fix bugs in software instantly.
- Test development environments. Test both native and hybrid apps, out of the box on internal development and staging environments.
- Smart app upload. Never upload the same IPA or APK twice. Select from historical usage, and start testing right away.
- Uncompromising Security. Benefit from BrowserStack’s strong SOC 2-compliant security policies to ensure that all builds are stored on secured servers, and all app data is wiped clean from the device after the session ends.
BrowserStack remains committed to our community of more than two million developers in 135 countries (and growing!). Our vision is to continue our work as the most reliable testing infrastructure for the internet, and to empower developers to build amazing experiences in the process. App Automate represents our latest effort towards that goal.
To learn more about today's release, check out our press release here. We also invite you to register for our free April 4th webinar, which will cover Appium tests and will navigate all aspects of App Automate.