Real devices to test real user scenarios
When you build for Chrome, you test on Chrome. When you build mobile apps, test on real mobile devices.
Trusted by more than 50,000 customers globally
Thinking of building your own real device lab?
Building your in-house device lab is not impossible. But it's like trying to build a spaceship; It’s just not worth the hassle. Your device lab is incomplete without:
Every single user device
Global device availability
Real Device Features
Security and compliance
How will you ensure data privacy, security and compliance to avoid data breach fines and penalties?
Why sweat the small stuff? Try BrowserStack instead. We’ve perfected every aspect of a real device cloud – security, hardware, network, and software – so you don’t have to.
Introducing BrowserStack Real Device cloud
In the last 10+ years, we’ve been on a mission to make testing a breeze. Our relentless efforts (and several million dollars of innovation fuel) resulted in a real device cloud that is downright awesome. Here’s how we perfectly pieced together the real device cloud puzzle.
Largest Cloud with 20,000+ Real Devices to help you tackle device fragmentation across OS releases, form factors, versions, and device models. Get instant device availability without joining any waitlists.
- Instant access to 20,000+ real Android and iOS devices with zero wait time.
- 19 global DCs at 13 locations for minimal latency
- Load balancing to avoid device unavailability for larger teams
- Device maintenance and battery-managed out-of-the-box with no additional efforts or costs.
- Specialized teams for capacity planning and buying new devices as per market demands.
- Dedicated DC teams to secure all fire-proofing, air-conditioning, ventilation, and backups.
- Device coverage across different models, versions, and OS - no capital-intensive device procurement and infrastructure setup.
- Fastest to meet the market with day 0 device launches - tech stack that scales with you.
- Manage device version and OS updates to retain older and add newer versions for device coverage
Software testing out-of-the-box. Integrate in less than a minute with SDKs with support for 50+ test frameworks. Stream real-time interactions with device sensors and settings with minimal latency.
- SDKs to enable integrations in < 1 min and support for 50+ test tools and frameworks.
- Out-of-the-box software layer to enable manual, automated, and visual regression testing.
- Build dashboards to view, manage, and collaborate on test results.
- Global DCs enable minimal latency and real-time streaming of device interactions.
- Flexibility to choose the number of parallels to customize build time and budgets.
- BrowserStack helps scale network, bandwidth availability, and load distribution for seamless testing.
- 99%+ grid uptime to provide a stable test environment and eliminate flaky tests.
- Distributed DCs with alternates available for redundancy or failures to ensure device accessibility.
- Simplify test debugging with access to logs and test video recordings.
Real Device Features
Get access to real device sensors, settings, and default apps to test real-world use cases. Test complex workflows like Apple Pay, SIM testing, and Biometric Authentication for broader test case coverage.
- Test camera-based use cases like image search, video upload, and QR code/ barcode scanning.
- Access microphone to test use cases like voice search, and voice commands for digital assistants.
- Enable access to contacts app and device crash logs to test relevant workflows.
- Customize device settings such as volume, timezone, name, and time.
- Simulate shake gestures and multi-finger touch (2/3/4) to test relevant use cases.
- Tap, scroll, zoom, swipe, or create more gestures. Interact and test via Assistive Touch.
- Test OTP-based authentication, 2FA, and SMS campaigns via SIM-enabled devices.
- Test payment workflows using Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Validate security workflows via biometric authentication and passcode
Network and Security
Network and firewall setup without any hassle or dependencies on external teams. SOC 2 Type 2 compliance across Platform and DCs. Pristine devices ensure data privacy and zero security breaches.
- BrowserStack manages network infrastructure, bandwidth allocation and prevents inter-device interference without dependency on infra teams.
- Out-of-the-box firewalls protect against bandwidth choking and ensure network security.
- Firewall and network monitoring tools with pre-emptive checks and firewall hardening to ensure network stability.
- Pristine Real Devices with device factory reset for thorough cleaning after every use.
- Devices are stored in locations with stringent security.
- Limited access to authorized personnel for device maintenance and upkeep.
- Only testing provider with SOC2 Type 2 compliance across Platform and Data Centers.
- First cloud-based software testing platform with the CSA STAR Level 2 Attestation.
- GDPR-compliant along with a default HTTPS implementation for mobile testing across the globe.
Globally distributed Data Centers
19 data centers across 13 locations for high performance and speed, wherever you are
Why test on BrowserStack Real Device Cloud?
Comparing real device cloud with emulators and simulators, and in-house device labs
Emulators and Simulators
Fast, cheap, and conveniently available. Error-prone and often includes false positives. Limited access to native device sensors and settings and unreliable compared to real devices.
In-House Device Labs
Comprehensive testing on real devices with access to all native device features. Capital-intensive and challenging to set up. Maintenance hassle and overheads.
Real Device Cloud
Ease of use, speed, and convenience of emulators & simulators. Comprehensive testing on real devices with extensive coverage and lower costs.
Our customers love the Real Device Cloud
The testing platform behind thousands of Businesses, BrowserStack helps over 50,000 customers deliver seamless cross-platform experiences to billions of users worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine that you have access to thousands of real desktop and mobile devices, each of which can be used for testing websites and apps in real-time, under real-user conditions. These devices are hosted on cloud-based servers, thus making them accessible online at all times. Such a testing infrastructure is called a real device cloud.
As mentioned above, a real device cloud offers access to real desktop and mobile devices on the cloud for testing purposes. This means that testers do not have to bother with purchasing, maintaining, and upgrading devices in an in-house lab. They do not have to expend the cost and effort involved in procuring the right devices for testing. All they need to do is sign up, select devices, and start testing on the real device cloud.
Testing websites or apps on real devices allows QA to monitor how their software behaves in real user conditions. For example, testing on a real device allows QAs to observe how an app or web app would operate when the device is on low battery. Or, they can monitor, with geolocation testing, how an app responds in different geographical areas. Since users demand a flawless experience every time they use an app or website, there is no better option than testing on a real device cloud.
Additionally, a real device cloud offers all the benefits of an in-house real mobile lab without requiring any of the effort or expense of setting up such a lab.
While emulators and simulators can be useful for testing in the initial stages, they have significant limitations. For example, emulators cannot replicate battery issues, network connectivity, GPS sensors, gestures, and the like. They cannot test app behavior amid incoming calls or messages or emulate touchscreen issues. Even the best emulators and simulators cannot be used to test all mobile apps.
These limitations are a serious disadvantage to testers. With such glaring gaps in their testing capability, they cannot test any software to its full extent. Thus, any software released after being tested on only emulators or simulators will almost certainly contain bugs and provide an unsatisfactory user experience
BrowserStack offers each user a personal cloud of physical desktop and mobile devices, instantly available for testing websites and apps. The cloud is also constantly updated with the latest and most frequently used Android and iOS devices like iPhone, Nexus, and Samsung Galaxy.
Each device is installed with real browsers. This includes multiple versions of the most frequently used browsers (Chrome 15-75, Firefox 3-68, Opera 10-65, Edge and so on). The real device cloud is accessible for both manual and automated testing.
You can get started for free. Simply sign up and start testing!