Empowers Developers to Run Automated Tests on a Real Device Cloud of Thousands of iOS and Android Devices
SAN FRANCISCO — March 20, 2018 — BrowserStack, the most reliable web and mobile browser testing platform on the market, today announced the release of App Automate, enabling users to run automated tests for mobile applications on the BrowserStack Real Device Cloud. With App Automate, users can concurrently run automated tests for both native and hybrid mobile apps on thousands of iOS and Android devices. BrowserStack continues to dominate the software testing space, and now with App Automate is signifying its entry as the de facto choice for mobile app testing.
“Automated testing is mission critical for organizations needing to quickly scale their mobile apps. Consumers today are running mobile apps on a countless number of devices, so developers must have access to every device imaginable in order to deliver the level of performance that consumers are accustomed to,” said Ritesh Arora, co-founder and CEO of BrowserStack. “As displayed by our growing community of more than two million developers in 135 countries, we have seen tremendous success in the web browser testing space. Now it is time for us to deliver the most scalable and quality mobile app testing solution on the market, to further achieve our vision of being the testing infrastructure for the internet.”
With the emergence of DevOps as a strategic differentiator, engineering teams are adopting Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies to ship apps faster and streamline their DevOps pipeline. Automated app testing is the best way to optimize the processes required to achieve world class CI/CD, and hence, world-class DevOps.
“BrowserStack’s App Automate brings simplicity and automation to the complex act of web and mobile application testing,” said Stephen Hendrick, research director at Enterprise Management Associates. “App Automate enables the automated testing of applications across thousands of devices in parallel, making comprehensive application testing simple. App Automate also integrates with the leading testing frameworks and CI/CD tools to ensure fully automated testing across the DevOps pipeline.”
App Automate features include:
- Real Device Cloud. Run mobile apps on BrowserStack’s wide range of pristine physical mobile iOS and Android devices and tablets for the most accurate testing results.
- Over 1,000 iOS and Android devices. Access to test on mobile devices from every manufacturer including iPhone, Samsung, Nexus and more, with every screen size, screen resolution and operating system.
- Integrate effortlessly. Integrate effortlessly with BrowserStack using the most popular app automation frameworks including Appium, Espresso (beta) and XCUITest (beta).
- Natural gestures. Interact with mobile apps on the remote device – just as a user would with their device in hand, allowing to test functions such as tap, scroll, zoom, swipe and more.
- Real-time debugging. Debug apps, view video and logs and leverage stack trace to find and fix bugs in software instantly.
- Test development environments. Test both native and hybrid apps, out of the box on internal development and staging environments.
- Smart app upload. Never upload the same IPA or APK twice. Select from historical usage, and start testing right away.
- Speed up test runs. Release builds faster by running tests concurrently across thousands of devices and reduce test execution time by more than 10x by using parallel tests.
- Uncompromising Security. Benefit from BrowserStack’s strong SOC 2-compliant security policies to ensure that all builds are stored on secured servers, and all app data is wiped clean from the device after the session ends.
“Browserstack helps us simulate and check real user behavior before Airtasker ships to its users. With App Automate, we are able to deploy often, through rapid and on-demand regression checks on a variety of mobile devices,” said Kanak Kalburgi, automation engineer at Airtasker. “There are great benefits in not having to worry about the test infrastructure required for automation, which includes zero overhead and maintenance costs thanks to App Automate. Instead, we choose to invest precious time and dollars on our automation framework and CI/CD practices. We appreciate the technical support and high reliability of devices offered by Browserstack. This helps our goal of delivering a top-notch product to the Airtasker community.”
Today’s release comes on the heels of BrowserStack’s $50 million Series A investment from Accel, and opening of its North American headquarters in San Francisco.
App Automate is available now, with pricing starting at $199 a month.
Register to join BrowserStack’s free App Automate training webinar
What: “Appium Testing with BrowserStack”
Who: Kalpesh Doshi, senior product manager, BrowserStack and Kanak Kalburgi, automation engineer, Airtasker
When: Wednesday, April 4th at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT / 6:00 – 7:00 pm GMT
Learn how to run Appium tests for native, hybrid and mobile apps on BrowserStack’s Real Device Cloud. We’ll also navigate the ins-and-outs of App Automate, including setup and feature exploration.
- Read the blog on today’s announcement
- Learn more about App Automate
- View testing plans and pricing
- Sign up for a free trial
- Follow BrowserStack on Twitter
BrowserStack is the most reliable web and mobile browser testing platform on the market today. Founded by developers, for developers, BrowserStack allows users to quickly and easily test their mobile and web applications across thousands of devices and desktop browsers in order to ensure their software meets and exceeds organizational and customer expectations. More than 25,000 customers around the globe rely on BrowserStack. Founded in 2011, BrowserStack’s North American headquarters are located in San Francisco. The privately held company is backed by Accel.
For more information visit https://www.browserstack.com.