Debug your builds using Test Observability
Use these features in Test Observability for efficient debugging.
View a list of your build runs and gain actionable insights to improve your test suite.
Discover meaningful insights on your build runs and the tests associated with them.
View all logs and previous test runs in a single view to resolve issues quickly.
Enhance your debugging experience with Test Observability
With Test Observability, you get all the tools for a fast, efficient, and precise debugging experience.
Here’s how you can use Test Observability to debug your tests:
- Build Runs: View your build runs and gain high-level insights about your builds. At a glance, you get to know how many tests passed or failed, whether there are flaky tests in your builds, and several other relevant details about your build runs. If you need to know more about any of the build runs, click that build run to open Build Insights. Learn more about Build Runs here.
- Build Insights: View charts and widgets in Build Insights that provide detailed information and statistics on your builds. Features like Unique Errors list, Custom Alerts, Failure Categories, and others help you to constantly improve your test suite. Learn more about Build Insights here.
- Test Listing: Inspect the tests using Smart Tags, test execution history, stack traces, etc. You get a complete picture of what happened with each of your tests in your build run. To debug further, click a test to open the Timeline Debugging view. Learn more about Test Listing here.
- Timeline Debugging: View historical runs of the same test case in the Timeline Debugging view to make debugging easier. You can also view contextual details about the test including a video recording, test code, and the capabilities to figure out what went wrong in failed tests. Learn more about Timeline Debugging here.
- Report bugs: If you spot a bug, you can report it on Jira from the Test Listing or the Timeline Debugging view. Test Observability automatically loads all test information into the Jira bug such that it is easier for a developer to fix issues. Learn how to integrate Jira here.
- Share and Download: You can download a PDF of your Build Insights or share a link with your teammates. With this feature, you can collaborate better with your teammates to resolve any issues in your test suite. Learn more about sharing and downloading here.
New to Test Observability?
You can integrate Test Observability with your test suite in a few minutes. Test Observability works with most of the leading test frameworks.
Curious to learn more?
Check out the demo sandbox to experience advanced testing using Test Observability.