You can receive desktop notification for your idle sessions. It will give you an option to either extend your session or to close it. To opt-in for notifications, click on “Get notified next time” from the info message that appears after a session automatically closes. Click “allow” on the following pop-up to grant permission. That’s it. You will start getting notifications for your idle sessions. Currently, this feature is available only on Chrome and Firefox browser.
If clicking “Get notified next time” didn’t open a pop-up then you may have disallowed notifications in your browser. You’ll need to open your browser preferences or settings to change that. Follow the steps below to enable notifications on your browser.
- From the menu bar go to Settings.
- Click Advanced from the bottom of the page.
- Under Privacy and security, select Site Settings and then click on Notifications.
- Turn the Notifications toggle on.
- Also, make sure BrowserStack is not present in the Block list below.
- From the hamburger menu on the top right side select Preferences.
- Locate Notifications under Permissions heading and click Settings in front of it.
- Uncheck “Block new requests asking to allow notifications”.